Duties of the County Treasurer
The County Treasurer's Office by state law is responsible for the tax billing, collection and distribution of tax money for the state, county, cities, school districts, and all other taxing entities that levy ad valorem and/or special assessment taxes.
The Treasurer is also responsible for all other money belonging to Morton County and/or directed by law to be paid to the Treasurer. In addition, the Treasurer serves as an agent for the Kansas Department of Revenue, Division of Vehicles regarding the administration of the state motor vehicle title and registration laws and limited driver's license services.
Kansas Vehicle & Trailer Registration Information
iKan - The official app of the State of Kansas
With IKan, you can quickly and easily renew vehicle registrations and renew driver's licenses.
The County Treasurer's office provides the following limited driver's license services Tuesday through Friday by appointment:
- Non-Commercial Driver's License Renewals
- Farm Permits (with Driver's Education (Ed) completion)
- Restricted Driver's License (with Driver's Ed completion)
- Non-Commercial Learners' Permits (Closed Book or with Driver's Ed completion)
- Out of State Non-Commercial Driver's Licenses with Required Information Identification Cards
No Commercial Driver's License (CDL) or Concealed Carry applications.
Effective August 1, 2017, the State of Kansas will be completing the final piece of REAL ID compliance. For further details see the Real ID Notice (PDF).