The fee is $85.50 and is due at the time you pick up the license. A worksheet is required to be filled out by either the bride or groom.
The following information is required:
- Full Name (first, middle, and last) - no middle initials, only full names
- Residence (city, county, and state)
- Birthplace (state or foreign country)
- Date of birth
- Number of this marriage (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.)
- If previously married, how the last marriage ended and the duration of it
- Highest level of education completed
- Social Security number, ID number, or driver's license number
- Father's full names (first, middle, and last)
- Mother's full names (first, middle, and maiden)
- All birthplaces (state or foreign country)
Other Marriage License Information
- If the applicant is under 18, ID of parent or consenting guardian
- Name and address of person performing the ceremony, if known
- If the applicant is under 18, he or she will need to fill out a special affidavit with both parents' notarized consent to the marriage. This affidavit may be obtained in the Clerk's office.
There is a full 3-day waiting period after the marriage worksheet has been completed and brought back to the clerk's office before the marriage license may be picked up.