The Morton County Appraisers Office values property for local ad valorem tax purposes. The office also determines taxable location, ownership, and eligibility for exemptions or special valuation (such as farmland appraised on its agricultural productivity). Within the time period set by law, a property owner may appeal the appraised value or classification of their property.
Get information on the Taxpayers Roll, the Appeals Process, Royalty Taxes, Personal Property Taxes, New Income Tax Credit available to Business Machinery and Equipment Owners, Classification Charts and the Tax Year at a Glance.
Learn more about Kansas Taxes from the Kansas Department of Revenue.
- Get Online Tax Forms
- View the Kansas County Collection of Property Tax - Where Does the Money Go? video
For further contact information, view the State Office Buildings Directory.
- March 1st - Real Estate Property Evaluation Mailed on or Before
- March 15th - Deadline to Return Personal Property Renditions
- April 1st - Deadline to Return Oil and Gas Renditions
- May 1st - Personal Property Valuations Mailed on or Before
- May 15th - Deadline to File a Personal Property Appeal