Morton County Courthouse will be Closed, Friday, July 3, 2015
for the 4th of July Holiday.
Please be Responsible & Safe with the Discharge of Fireworks.
Have a Safe & Happy Holiday.
U.S. Forest Service Seeking Candidates for Forestry Technician - Recreaation
Forestry Technician - Recreation (GS-0462-5)
Preferred filling position as a Part-Time Year-long, but will be considering a 13/13 schedule. (Hourly Rate from $15.31 - $19.90)
Duty Location: One position with a duty station of Elkhart, KS.
Application Process: We may use one of two means for hiring this position: 1) non-competitive placement; and 2) U.S. Citizens applying through USAJobs.gov.
Duties/Position Requirements: We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated candidate to assist the Cimarron National Grassland with the following:
- Contact visitors to provide information about recreation regulations, opportunities, and current restrictions.
- Assist with educating the public on Leave No Trace and other educational programs.
- Assures recreation area, fishing ponds, interpretive sites, and trails are maintained in accordance with standards.
- Constructs and rehabilitates minor recreation facilities and trails.
- Provide information on resource management practices in the area.
- Checks for compliance with regulations, issues notices for common violations, and reports other violations to supervisor.
- Makes safely checks of public use areas and takes corrective action.
- Assist Recreation Program Manager with oversight of the program on the Cimarron National Grassland and be a point-of-contact for partners.
Morton County Health Department Accepting Applications
The Morton County Health Department is accepting applications for Public Health Nurse II (a) position.
Full job description and applications may be obtained at the Morton County Clerk's office
1025 Morton St Elkhart, KS 67950. For additional information contact Rhianna Shaw, Administrator at Morton
County Health Department (620) 697-2612 ext.12. E.O.E.
Click here for job description Click Here for County Application
Morton County Implements CodeRED Emergency Notification Service
What is CodeRED and why is it important to me? CodeRED is an emergency notification service that allows emergency officials to notify residents and businesses by telephone, cell phone, text message, email and social media regarding time-sensitive general and emergency notifications. Only authorized officials have access to the CodeRED system. Read or listen to the alert message, view a map of the affected area. Just Click on the CodeRED icon.
Please Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
Morton County Law Enforcement Center Looking for Part-Time
The Morton County LEC is searching for qualified candidates for the position of Dispatcher. Must be able to work day shifts, night shifts, weekends and holidays. There will be one part-time position and one full-time position. Qualified candidates must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid driver's license, and have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions. Please contact the Morton County LEC at 1026 Richards St., Elkhart, KS, for further information and an application. E.O.E.
Click Here for County Application